2009 in review
This year has been both terrible and wonderful at the same time. That’s probably typical of every year, but this one had some exceptionally low lows; the kind where you know you’ll be a changed person when you finally recover. On the other hand, I’m blessed beyond measure. I have a wonderful partner, a great job, a comfortable home, friends who love me, and three fluffy kitties to cuddle up with on cold winter nights.
Here are some of the highlights from my life over the last year:
- We finally had central heating and air conditioning installed in our home.
- Michael Jackson died, which was one of the hardest things I’ve ever experienced. I cried practically every day for a month and still tear up occasionally when I listen to him or watch videos. I wish so badly that he was still with us, but I’m also thankful to have been alive during the time that he made history and for having the chance to see him perform live.
- We gave the inside of our home quite a makeover, which included ripping out the old doors and trim, painting, and a completely new color scheme in the living room and bathroom.
- We upgraded to HDTV and bought a 46″ Samsung that is beyond amazing.
- We joined our church – over three years after we started attending.
- We met Barb.
- I cooked my first Thanksgiving meal.
- I moved my blog from WordPress.com to self-hosted.
- I stopped keeping up with the news.
- I bought a new car.
- We went to Florida on vacation.
- Honey graduated from college and I met his parents for the first time.
- An ice storm disrupted our lives for eight days.
- We got a Wii.
- We went to see Kathy Griffin in concert.
- Finally made it to Holiday World and thoroughly enjoyed the Voyage roller coaster.
All in all, a pretty good year. Here’s hoping our next trip around the sun is filled with joy, prosperity, and love. Happy New Year, kiddos.